Saturday, March 19, 2011

Well.....I have no reason not to now

Sooooo as I have attempted too many times before, I am once again going to set my mind and heart and soul on blogging everyday! Yeah, I know, I have tried this before. LOL! This time is different. I have just signed up for 

ART JOURNAL EVERY DAY

led by the wonderful Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. Oh wow!! She is amazing awesome talented lady! I have loved her work and her blog for a year and a half. Since Jan. I have considered joining this group. I went back and forth about it. I told mysel......YOU don't have any serious art on your blog! YOU don't have any art jopurnal pages at all on your blog!! You don't have ANY talent!!! You don't even keep up with your blog!! LOL!

Yep, I ran my whole list of excuses through my mind and heart. I just let it be something I wanted to do and didn't. THEN I thought hold on a minute here Miss Melanie! 

You want to blog, you want to be a daily blogger. You need to write about each day just for the sake of clearing your thoughts.

So I took the plunge! I know no one is going to come hunt me down if I fail and don't do art journal pages everyday, but I will know and thats really what's the most important thing isn't it?

So......look for my first art journal page to be posted tomorrow, done or not! Whatever I have done will be posted, DAILY!

I do art almost daily. I scrapbook, take pictures, draw, do mixed media, or something everyday. I also always do something in one of my many in progess art journals. So why not blog it too? Wow, what a revelation! ;)

I am going to get past this fear. This insecurity.

If you want to see an amazing artist that does art in all forms check out Julie. She does it all! Scrapbooking, sewing, art journals, and much more. Maybe you want to join the Art Journal Everyday!

I am going to try to post the link, I have never done a link so I hope this works.


This link will take you to the sign up page. Look around her blog if it's the first time you have been there. You will be inspired!

I leave you with a picture of one area of my art room. It is also a "before" picture. I have done some reorganizing and will share those pictures in the days ahead.



This next picture is of my work desk. It has changed so much since this picture.



I hope you are having a great weekend. I hope it's full of art and creating! 

I am praying for Japan and the heartbreaking situation they are dealing with. Please remember Japan in your prayers too.

My new motto.......

It is not the destination, it is the journey.

Tomorrow I will share my thoughts on this and why it is my motto this year. I have had some life changing thinking happening.

Blessings always

No comments:

Post a Comment